We added a third and fourth tier of wire to the vineyard this weekend. The grapes and kiwi were so heavy that they’d pulled the existing tiers to the ground, so we added t-posts to support some of that weight.
Now the grapes and crazy long kiwi vines are free to continue their upward climb.
The vines and runners were a tangled mess, twining and twisting around each other in knots, making unwinding them a bit of a chore.
We did the best we could.
Even raising up those few vines made a huge difference.
Suddenly, we had a vineyard rather than just a mess of vines on the ground.
The vineyard has changed quite a bit in the last three years. When I look back at the pictures of the grapes and kiwi, I can’t believe they were ever that small.
If I ever feel like we haven’t accomplished much, all I have to do is look back at these pictures to see how far we’ve come in just 4 years.
I can’t wait to see what happens in the next four.
A repair in height
Grape vines and kiwi raised high
What a gorgeous sight!