In January, we said YES! to helping the neighbors move a greenhouse over their pool to our backyard.
We made it this year’s big project.
In March, I wandered over and labeled the parts and then sketched the layout to match the labels. We thought it was going to be difficult to take apart and even more difficult to put back together.
All those pavers! All that dirt! All those posts!
In April, we pulled up, scraped off and stacked the pavers on pallets and used the skid steer to get them to our backyard.
And finally, at the end of May and into June, we transported the dirt and moved all of the pieces of the greenhouse over…not piece by piece, but section by section.
Now, the bones of the greenhouse are in our yard and our neighbor is ready to turn the pool back into a…pool.
It was over a week of heavy lifting, scraping and transferring to move the pavers.
Then, a week of hard work in sweltering temperatures to get the dirt out.
When it came time to move the rest of it, it took two days and a few friends to help carry the light but unwieldy parts.
Operation Greenhouse has come a long way since the beginning of the year, and now we are only a weekend or two of work away from using our very own greenhouse.
A greenhouse out back
Filled with produce of all kinds
A garden all year